The AIGA Fellow Award program is a means of recognizing mature designers who have made a significant contribution to raising the standards of excellence in practice and conduct within their local or regional design community as well as in their local AIGA chapter. The areas of education, writing, leadership and reputation, as well as the practice of design are given equal consideration in measuring significant contribution. The recipient retains this designation for life as long as he or she is a member in good standing.
Criteria for selection:
- A practitioner and/or educator with more than fifteen years experience in the profession
- An AIGA member in good standing
- Making or have made a significant contribution to AIGA
- Creating a positive impact within the local and regional design community in education, writing, leadership, and practice
- Evolving design excellence as a discipline, profession, and cultural force
Tom Varisco Designs